Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hopefully this works out...

Well everyone I'm back at it now. The hiatus has been awhile but I figure that getting back to doing this and providing whatever opinions I have about hockey. I have changed the layout a bit and will mostly just be focusing on the New York Rangers and general hockey topics now.

I've graduated from Fairfield University and am now a graduate student at St. John's U in Queens, NY working on my sports management masters so now sports really is my life. I think beginning writing again may help me get some ideas out and, hopefully, I will be able to take some time every so often to provide readers with articles for your enjoyment.

Last season is gone and the new one is only weeks away so it is an exciting time, especially with the summer the NY Rangers have had. Unless you have been living under a rock you know that NYR has added Brad Richards and Mike Rupp through free agency while acquiring a top defensive prospect in Tim Erixon who is expected to jump right into NHL play.

Look for another article probably later tonight where I will start doing a bit of a season preview for the Rangers, beginning with next week's Traverse City Prospects tournament.

The Danbury Whalers are ramping up their team as we speak and have a tryout camp next Friday and Saturday. I can tell you from working on it that some good talent is coming in and will make it difficult for the Whalers to turn some of these players away. Whether any of them actually make the team remains to be seen but they will certainly help push the veterans to excel a bit more. Nothing less than a championship will do for the Whalers players and staff.

Hope everyone enjoys what I have to write and will provide some good feedback. Lets Go Rangers.

No comments: