Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well people...I'm back. After a very long hiatus I am back for another season of hockey. It was a great summer and school is now in full swing (almost too much swing).

For those who know me personally knew I had an internship in the Public Relations department of the New York Rangers during the summer. Just a quick word on this: The next time you pick up a media guide for your team take a second and read the names of the editors and the staff who worked on it because without them the guide doesn't happen.

So the next time you happen to run into anyone in any public relations job just know they work their tails off, especially those in the NYR PR department. Public relations is tough anywhere, but in a market like NYC, it is unlike any other place in the world. Hats off to the people in the NYR PR department...you know who you are.

Getting to this season...how exciting things are going to be. The Coyotes are looking to improve on their surprise (not to me) season which ended with a tough Game 7 loss in the first round to Detroit...which is still sour. The Rangers are looking to get back in the playoff scene after missing out on the postseason dance for the first time since the lockout. NYR showed that, as corny as it sounds, every point really does count.

Both teams gained and lost a few faces but training camps are showing that everyone there is trying to grab a spot. The competition is high around the NHL and the Stanley Cup is pretty much up for grabs after the Chicago Blackhawks had a bit of a dismantling losing players like Kris Versteeg, Dustin Byfuglien, John Madden, and Antii Niemi due to salary cap constraints (How those Hossa, Campbell, and Huet deals looking now?).

Between school work and anything else I will do my best to keep this going all year. I will be using my Twitter account much more so you can follow me by going to my profile here and clicking the follow button. I will be posting any articles I write plus just random thoughts...Don't you want to know my random thoughts???


No comments: