Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rangers rout SC Bern 8-1, Coyotes earn first preseason win


Well any worry that the Rangers would drop their game to SC Bern has been utterly obliterated. While Bern did keep it a close game, the Rangers absolutely erupted in the third period with 6 goals. Brandon Dubinsky had 2 goals, Wade Redden, Dan Girardi, Dmitri Kalinin, Chris Drury, Lauri Korpikoski and Corey Potter all scored for the Rangers. 
Corey Potter and Brian Fahey, both of whom are trying to grab that 7th spot for defenseman both played very well today and certainly are making the decision hard for Tom Renney. 
I didn't get to watch the game this afternoon because of class but the game will be re-aired on MSG at 8pm EST tonight. I will certainly be watching then.
Last night, the Phoenix Coyotes got their first preseason win and saw their offense ignite. Peter Mueller had a hat trick while first round pick Mikkel Boedker had 2 goals of his own as the Yotes beat the Sharks 5-1 in Phoenix. Wayne Gretzky must be relieved to see the offense finally starting to click and even more so because Mueller and Boedker led the way. Coach Gretzky will also be impressed with the chemistry that seems to be forming among some of the younger players. The line of Carcillo-Turris-Boedker really is coming together well. Peter Mueller's performance with the first line certainly made things look good as well. The Coyotes have a re-match with the Sharks tonight in San Jose.

Image found here on Ranger website. 

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am going to see this when I get home and prior to the Twins game tonight on TBS. I taped it myself.

All I know is that while SC Bern didn't quite have the "A" squad, the Rangers from I understand had much closer to theirs, the one that should be their opening night roster. I dropped Jochen Hecht and picked up Brandon Dubinsky for one of my two fantasy teams and I think it'll be a steal for me. Didn't have the same luck for my live draft for the second league though.

As for the Coyotes, I didn't have a chance to see if there was a live online video feed for it, but boy that's awesome Peter Mueller got the hat trick. It's about time Phoenix won a preseason game.

You have no idea how much I'm pumped for the start of the season for both the Rangers and Coyotes (add the Wild in there for me, too).

Paul (Cup Crazy's National Hockey League blog)

Gootzman said...

I did the same in getting Dubinsky however I only had to trade Patrik Elias to get him....hopefully that becomes a huge steal. Thanks for the comment...keep em coming!