Saturday, June 28, 2008

Going, Going...?

I will be leaving for Coyotes practice soon but I thought I should put this up first.
Larry Brooks of the NY Post is saying that Jagr's return to Broadway is unlikely at this point (see the NY Post link on the side). The main reason being Jagr wants a multi year deal while Sather only wants to commit to a one year deal. 
This is dragging out way too much and Sather needs to call Jagr and tell him that he's not coming back under his terms. The Rangers are moving on. The Czech era had some good points but now the Rangers are stretching it out. It is time to let Jagr go and play somewhere else whether it is in Omsk or for another NHL team. If he leaves, the Rangers will be allowed to play a much more open and quicker style which will be much more suited to the new NHL. Spend the money the Rangers would on Jagr and put it into speedy wingers like Rolston (he may be old but he can still play) and defenseman like Orpik, coupled with Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Prucha, Callahan, Gomez, Drury, and Sjostrom, this team has the potential to be very fast. It will be a bit weird not seeing #68 on the ice but it is time to move on.
I will have more when I come back from Coyotes practice. 

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Everyone knows how I feel about the return of #68...I won't be too upset not seeing that number on opening night...