Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Coyotes add Big Man and Gearing Up

The Coyotes acquired tough guy Brian McGrattan from Ottawa today for a 2009 5th round pick. Coach Wayne Gretzky had expressed that the team was tough but needed a little more if it was to survive in the tough Pacific Division and the Western Conference as a whole. Certainly, McGrattan will be used to help protect Kyle Turris and the other young guys that will be on the team. This also allows for Dan Carcillo to focus more on his offensive abilities rather than be the enforcer of the team. Craig Weller also ups the tough guy quotient considering he took out a whole NHL line in less than 10 seconds (Go on Youtube and search his name if you are interested).
Also today is rookie night and I will be leaving in about an hour to go meet my boys as a VIP. I went out and bought a cheap goaltender stick, sanded it down and spray painted it Coyote red. I have a silver marker that the boys will hopefully use to sign this big stick. I am so excited for this it is unbelievable and for you night birds I will make a detailed post about it when I get back. Pictures will also be taken and I will find a way to post them on here so you guys can check out some of the action. Of course I will be wearing a Rangers jersey (Jean Ratelle #19). Mikkel Boedker played for the Rangers as did Donny Maloney and Wayne so I won't be as out of place as some would think (although Darren Pang got killed the first time he played at MSG). So until I get back tonight, keep checking links at the side for hockey news as qualifying offers are being made to restricted free agents all around the NHL.  

No comments: